These Guidelines were lasted update: 30/05/2019
Guest Writer Guidelines
Below are the “Do and Don’t” guidelines for guest writing for BESUP. Please check and read below before submitting an article. here
Submit Original Posts: Posts must be unique and original to BESUP. Posts must be your own work and not a copy of someone else work. Post must not have been published or submitted elsewhere (apart from your own personal blog) or be used in future for distribution on other sites (excluding your personal blog).
Bring Your Unique Voice & Passion: We share a wide range of topics and have a large body of material available to our community. You can add value to this existing collection by bringing your own unique voice and views, infused with your passion and personality. Please write from your heart, based on personal experience and/or professional expertise, and please write as if you’re talking to a friend. The more down-to-earth the better. People love to feel like they’re reading something written by a real person, with real experience in life, and genuine heart.
Choose a Great Title: People have so much selection available to them for what to read online. They choose quickly (within seconds) what articles to open, and your article title is what will help them decide. When choosing a title, think about the reader and what they’re looking to learn, discover, achieve, or the problem they want to solve, and then write your title to clearly speak to their need.
Use a Captivating Opening Statement: A reader will be captivated, or not, within the first few sentences of an article. Please ensure your opening paragraph is engaging, tells the reader exactly what they are about to experience and makes them want to read on as they know they are about to gain benefit.
Logical & Succinct: In the body of your article…
- Word Count – Please submit articles of at least 600 words.
- Sub-Headings – Please split up your content with relevant sub headings to make it easier for readers to follow the logical flow of ideas.
- Short Paragraphs – So readers can easily digest your awesome article, please keep paragraphs short and succinct (2-3 sentences each).
At Least One Actionable Item: All articles should include either…
- One or more questions to prompt the reader to consider the topic in relation to their own situation and/or
- One or more actionable practical tips that the reader can easily start applying in their life.
Inspiring Quote/s: We highly recommend you include one or more inspirational quotes within your article that relate to the topic.
Videos Inside Your Article: You are welcome to insert a Youtube video into your article if it is directly relevant to the article topic and the content of that video is positive and appropriate. If you wish to include a video, please ensure you put brackets around the Youtube video URL in the exact place in your article that you wish it to appear.
Accurately Quote Sources: If your article references data, facts, statistics or research studies, please be sure to include a link to a verified and credible source. Put the link in brackets in the appropriate place in your article (please don’t hyperlink the text). Please do not include links to your own website inside the body of your article – your website link will instead be displayed in your Author bio below the article.
Infographics: You are welcome to include an infographic in your article. If you wish to do so, please ensure you provide 2 URLs (both provided inside brackets in your article) – firstly a link to download the high resolution jpg infographic image and secondly a link to the source. If the infographic is published on our site, the creator will be credited via a link to the original source displayed directly below the image.
Check Before Submitting: Please do your own quality checks on your article before submitting to ensure it is a high standard of written English (proof reading, spelling, and grammar). Thank you!
We kindly ask that you don’t…
Don’t send articles that have been, or will be, published elsewhere: We only accept original, unique content that has not previously been published (apart form your own blog). And if an article is accepted for publication on BESUP, that article must not later be republished / reproduced anywhere else without express written agreement with tBESUP.
Don’t send vague, surface level articles: Our mission is to provide high quality content to the world that has real substance based on personal experience and/or professional expertise. We are not about content for content sake, nor about linking to create traffic. We’re on a heart-led mission to give people worthwhile content to reflect on and/or apply, to genuinely add value for a better life and a better world.
Don’t send SEO-boosted or promotional articles: We can’t accept articles that are designed to boost SEO, to plug a brand name, or to promote yourself, or any product or service. Instead, provide an article with life-enhancing content for our community and let them naturally flow through to follow you and discover more about your work in the world based on genuine connection. Therefore, please keep self-promotion reserved for your bio.
Don’t send anything that isn’t aligned with our philosophy: Please don’t send articles or bio references that promote a business, service or product which is not authentically aligned to the BESUP mission and values.
Don’t send topic ideas: Instead please submit your complete article for review here and with the steps provided on this page.
If Your Post is Accepted & Published
We agree to:
- Support your work and your mission in the world by sharing your article within our community, sister community rachaelacademy.com and global community on social media.
- We may also share articles in our monthly newsletter to The BESUP community when we highlight businesses, entrepreneurs, trends and most popular posts.
You agree to:
- Share the article via email with your subscribers.
- Share the article on your social media channels.
- Reply to comments on your article on our site within the first week of it being posted live (this is because you are best placed to support readers with any questions, ideas or comments they have about the content of your article).
How to Submit Your Article
1. You must first Join the BESUP community for free here (email articles will not be published). 2. Once you have joined the BESUP community for free a free account will be created for you.
3. We’ll then send you with your welcome email a link to activate your writers account to start writing for us.
Click to find out HOW IT WORKS and more information or contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We reserve the right to:
- Decline articles submitted, without providing reasons. (We are a very small team at BESUP and receive a large volume of submissions. It is not possible for us to provide feedback on individual articles. We appreciate your understanding.)
- Adjust article titles where necessary, to help optimize reader engagement for your article.
- Make basic edits to articles (including but not limited to spelling, grammar, and paragraph/sentence structure for the