How do you find a business that is right for you and has a great probability of success? There are two steps that you should take.
1. Pick something that interests you. Better yet, pick something that you are passionate about. If you are not interested or you don’t like it, the work rapidly becomes drudgery and you will likely quit after having invested a lot time and money.
2. Find out if there is a market for you business. This is important because if there isn’t a market, you could spend months developing your product and if only a couple of people care about it, and no one else is interested, you just wasted a lot of time, money, and potential income.
How do you find out if there is a market for what you want to do?
3. Do Your search
This will tell you how many people are searching for your product or services.
4. Look at the top 20 returns for your product on the search engines (Google, Yahoo, and MSN) to see what competition you have. Review your competitors’ sites to see what they are doing well and to see what they are doing poorly. You may be able to see at what price they are selling a product or service similar to yours.
5. Look at the ads presented by the search engines. They are usually located above the search results and to the right of the search results. If there are a lot of ads for your search terms, then there is probably a market for your product or service.
6. If you have found that there is a lot of activity,search terms to see how much people are paying Yahoo to advertise your keywords using Pay Per Click. To use PPC you bid for placement on the Yahoo search engine pages. The higher you bid, the higher your placement. If your competitors are bidding $1.50 or more it is a good indicator that there is a real market.
If there is little activity, then you probably won’t do well and should look for something else or reframe your product or service.
If there appears to be a lot of activity for your product or service, then go for it!
Get all the latest Business Management Updates and news for your career in our Business Management Tool Box.
Thank you, as always, for reading my latest post. Share your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments. If you loved what you just read why don’t you take a look at other posts of mine here.
Get all the my latest innovative and creative business resources, strategies and ideas all under one roof over at Rachael Academy.
“We are truly Amazing, we can change the world with one kindness at a time“.
With all my love, send me a message and let’s have a chat