For many of us, our fitness lifestyle is simply nothing more than a hobby. But for some of us out there it’s taken a little more seriously than others, but unless you work in the fitness industry in some capacity, your simply maintain your lifestyle through your passion.
You still have a ‘day job’ so you can keep feeding your passion – right?
No other passion requires you to be so diligent with your training, nutrition, supplementation, recovery etc for months, if not years at a time.
This is why I want to tackle in my latest podcast the tricky subject of succeeding as a physique athlete in the real world! And Delve into what it takes to make money doing what you love.
The Business Of Fitness-How To Make Money Doing What You Love.-Podcast.
How Can You As Fitness/Bodybuilding Athletes Generate Exposure?
So, what’s the first step? Many athletes just don’t realize building a profile creates work.
As some sit back and wait for the supplement companies to give them free products because they did extremely well in their last contest, they think publicity comes the same way. Surely the magazines will be knocking on my door to do an ‘exclusive’ interview because I am the champ! Sorry, it just doesn’t work like that. You have to get out there and make yourself known.
There are some many avenues to get your ‘image’ out into the industry throughout the year. Here are 5 ways to get you out there:
- Fitness Magazine – Write a letter to the editor inquiring if they are looking for models for the magazine. Send in a few of your ‘best’ shots, and tell them that you would appreciate any opportunity.
- Your Gym – Ask your gym manager if you could have some professional pictures displayed in your gym. They would be crazy to say no – this will make their place look great and shows they support their clients. If you can impress your own crowd, your half way there.
- Supplement Companies – Ring up a few companies and see if they require a promotional model. Most companies will run a promotional drive, or change their advertising at least once a year. This is a great opportunity to promote yourself to your direct market. Also, be prepared to do this for free – it’s the exposure you are after remember.
- Television – Get yourself to a casting agent. Imagine the impact you will carry into a competition if you are regularly seen on TV.
- Internet – The Internet is such a powerful tool. Here you have worldwide impact! If you ever have aspirations to compete overseas, you need to get yourself online NOW! Judges are always surfing around to see who’s new on the scene. Why not carry some weight into your next international experience, have the judges say ‘hey, that’s that new natural sensation from…’ instead of being a no body.
Listen in to the full show on my latest podcast and discover how you can potentially start earning in the fitness industry doing what you love.
Don’t forget to come over and visit me at Rachael Academy.
Top 10 Platforms to Generate Exposure in The Fitness Industry
If you are looking for a profitable side hustle, creating and self-publishing courses might be a good idea. It’s a great solution for busy learners and a great business idea if you have something to teach other people.
The potential is great, but like anywhere else, you’ll have to work hard and create something valuable people are willing to pay for. Once you’re settled, you’ll need a platform to host your courses. Here are 10 platforms you can use to host your online courses.
Teachable has more than 20,000 active courses, about 3 million students, and more than 7,500 instructors online. For each subscriber, the website offers a free ebook about course creation, preparing content for videos, slides and much more.
Udemy is one of the most popular websites of a kind. It is completely free to use, but you have to give 50% to Udemy for each student it brings to you. However, it has a tiered system for course revenue share (in some cases an instructor can keep 97 percent of net revenue). It has over 12 million students and more than 20,000 instructors.
On Skillshare, you can get personalized help in order to customize your online classes. You can also build your portfolio and create bite-sized video courses that are available at any time so your students can watch them on their own schedule.
With LearnWorlds, you can sell, market and create your online courses in one place. The website is very user-friendly, engaging and easy to use. It also has a customizable front-end, an intelligent sales engine, advanced analytics and much more.
The main goal of CourseCraft is to help you create e-courses and turn your blog into an actual business. It’s simple and quick and a really great feature that it has is the possibility to view real examples of online courses that have been made with CourseCraft.
Thinkific hosts more than 35,000 course creators. It’s a great place to build your brand, sell online courses and grow your audience. You can customize the design and scale your business without any technical or design skills.
Academy of Mine is another place where you can host your online courses and start “your own online academy.” It is easily buildable because of its drag-and-drop templates that will save you tons of time.
WizIQ is an online platform that is mobile-ready and easy to use. It is perfect for universities, teachers, and tutors, but can also be used by individuals and businesses. You can choose between two different modules: a virtual classroom or the online academy.
Ruzuku is a user-friendly website that doesn’t require much knowledge in technology. It has a lot of features, like MailChimp and PayPal integrations, and daily backups.
Educadium lets you try out the online hosting service for free so you can decide if it’s suitable for your business or not.
Thank you, as always, for reading my latest post. Share your thoughts and ideas directly in the comments. If you loved what you just read why don’t you take a look at other posts of mine here.
Get all the my latest innovative and creative business resources, strategies and ideas all under one roof over at Rachael Academy.
“We are truly Amazing, we can change the world with one kindness at a time“.
With all my love, send me a message and let’s have a chat.
And as I promised there are some exciting things in store for 2018, so make sure you stay tuned. If you subscribe to my updates you will be the first to get notified of any new developments.